Pain occurring around the knee might signal a condition affecting the knee joint itself or the soft tissues surrounding the knee. Knee pain can become debilitating, making it hard to walk or even stand. Finding the right treatment for your condition is vital in preventing your pain from worsening. At Newton Chiropractic Center in Virginia Beach, VA, we can help. Our chiropractor, Dr. Robert Py, provides a wide range of natural treatment methods for knee pain and other ailments. Our goal is to help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
What Is Knee Pain?
Knee pain can be caused by different underlying ailments. Indulging in a heavy physical task, injuries like sprains or strains, lack of use, sitting in a constrained area, or sitting on your knees for an extended period of time can also trigger knee pain. Knee pain is a common complaint among people ranging from old to young. Knee pain may begin as mild discomfort, then gradually become debilitating. Many athletes involved in strenuous exercises, like quick pivoting or jumping, are more vulnerable to knee pain problems. Different injuries also affect different areas of the knee, including the joint, tendons, ligaments, and muscles.
Symptoms of Knee Pain
- Inability to straighten your knee fully
- Dull burning sensation
- Swelling and stiffness
- Constant ache
- Instability or weakness
- Redness and inflammation around the knee
Causes of Knee Pain
Some common causes of knee pain include:
- Tendinitis: This pain emanates in front of the knee, which is aggravated when taking stairs, climbing, or walking up an incline.
- Dislocation: Dislocation of the kneecap mostly results in trauma.
- Bursitis: Inflammation from recurring pressure on the knees can come from kneeling for a long time, overuse, or a prevailing injury.
- Torn meniscus: If you abruptly twist your knee while bearing weight on it, it can tear the meniscus.
- Pelvic and hip pain: Any pain in these areas can ultimately spread to the knee joints, as the body may not be properly aligned.
Knee Pain Treatment
When you first visit us, Dr. Py will perform a physical exam to see if you have any underlying health conditions. After a diagnosis, our chiropractor will make a personalized treatment plan for you. The methods we use will vary based on your injury or condition. We often use adjustments to alleviate knee pain. Ensuring that the body is properly aligned will take any pressure or tension off the knee joints. We also offer physical therapy and corrective exercises. Stretching and strengthening the knee will improve your range of motion and help you heal. For soft tissue injuries around the knee, our chiropractor uses a massage machine.
Visit Our Virginia Beach, VA Chiropractor for Knee Pain Treatment
If you are tired of dealing with knee pain, our chiropractor can help. At Newtown Chiropractic Center, Dr. Py will find the right treatment methods to alleviate your pain and help you heal. We will walk you through any treatments before beginning. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more.